Monday, June 8, 2009

Hollow (a poem)

Dear God, its me 
yes this in the darkest hour of my night
i have a few questions i put to you now forthright
because i know not if i have an ounce of might
left in my fight

Dear God if even the smallest creature is put to this earth
to have a purpose and show its worth
pray tell what is mine, word for word?

I can love and i can hope and i can pray
but the pain just does not seem to go away
if life is so short for mere mortals like me
pray tell how can i live and be free?

i grew up at a tender age
and reached my prime when others hadn't begun to earn a wage
i've hoped and i've prayed and i've loved to date
So is my wait to be my hopeless fate?

Dear God if we are all your children 
why did i not have my childhood?
If we live and learn,
did you want me to learn through lashes and burns?
All i have of precious loved ones are in grey ashes and urns,
God why would i still want to yearn to learn?

I fear you may have made a mistake
I think and i feel and i do not forsake
but i know not what to do with my existence of late 
I really do fear you may have made a mistake

I hear what they say of potential and greater beginnings
But that is just it, 
Is my life just a sum of beginnings?
Many kindred souls i am meeting
that reflect my life stories with their own beginnings
But their stories are also unfinished, nil partake of any winnings
So tell me pray tell dear God why are we here,
if to our lives there is not a decent ending?

Forgive me for having these misgivings,
but i feel more pain with every beginning.
If there is no end to the search for a life i am yearning,
pray tell why do you keep the flame of hope within me burning?

within me burns but a dying flame,
and i know not who am i to blame
for the shame and the games and all that pain
Have i hoped for a better day in vain?

No comments:

Post a Comment