Monday, June 8, 2009

passion

I LOVE World music. I celebrate the universality of humankind in music. It costs nothing. Pissbroke one rainy afternoon in melbourne, i found myself taking shelter in an old cd-shop. I chanced upon the album One Giant Leap; i kid you not it changed my life. I listen to every single song everyday since those 5 years ago. Their music, the lyrics speak to me in ways only an aria can. Its meditative, thought provoking. 

If you know who Ben Harper is, chances are you have an inkling of Michael Franti, ROOTS, Jack Johnson. These are the lyrics from a fantastic african tribal song. i'd love to know how you found it, i'll gladly upload the song if u want to have a listen.
Music is to me proof of the existence of god. It is so extraordinarily full of magic and in tough times of my life it makes SUCH a difference :)
Enjoy:

Last night i went to sleep as a child,
Only to discover i woke up this morning as a man;
In my hands i find the tools and the rage of my father and
In my heart i find the love and the fear of my mother

Confrontation between the night and the day;
the land and the sea,
the fire and the air, 
the scared and the profane, 
the holy and the unholy,
the focused and the misdirected,
the bullet and the flesh,
the mind and the spirit,
the sound when you hear it,
the oppressor and the resister,
the brother and the sister,

We are now walking the Ghosts of the Dead; 
we are alive, with the spirit of our Passion

No comments:

Post a Comment