Monday, June 8, 2009

Ignoramus

(this was written on an especially frustrating day)


Do not presume to know what i will or will not say,
You don't know me.
Do not claim to be of pure heart and good mind,
I see right through that black holed heart.
Do not assume forgiveness will be swiftly delivered,
when it is impossible for you to do the same.
Looking at me from vantage points, deeming merit points,
for sharing points of view

Whether there were a history between us, or a friendship formed fast,
it does not matter to my heart, whats past is the past
I do not long for swarms of people to make living complete,
and my present seems clearer as i realise this, indeed.
The brands and the gadgets and the clothes don't make me Me,
It is you i pity for, you who will never see the things that i see, beyond materials of creed.

I pity the concept of relating falls deaf on your ears,
To each his own, this is the anthem that you hear,
I wish you every success and envy of your peer,
But remember what i say in this ditty poor dear:
an extra minute early in the train will not be compiled in your eulogy,
all the money and accolades you earn fall deaf on the obituary,
you may be surrounded with many but you will die alone not with that many,
I pity you never lived your life beyond the self, 
the greedy mind, your heart filled with envy.
Of love, humanity and selflessness...the gifts i wished for you
I now wish no more, no more than your dim point of view

No comments:

Post a Comment