Monday, June 8, 2009

I Believe

DESPITE my height, weight, body proportions, insecurities, criticism, competition, health woes, my skin color, that voice in my head that says ‘No way’, bad timing, bad luck, a tight budget, fear, flaws, failure and opposition, I BELIEVE

BECAUSE of hot cuppas / teas, good jokes, inspirational people / poems / quotes, insightful articles, old books rediscovered, new books uncovered, new friends made, old friends cherished, sudden gifts, slow Sundays, TGIFs, living it up Agrarian style, fitness, dance, swims and yoga that unwind, meditation that enlightens, men with dimples – one in particular – who smiles back at me, I BELIEVE

I AM olive-skinned, 20-something, funny, feisty and i don’t hate my curves. I love my momma, live spiritually, can’t live without good music or movies, warm candlelit showers, can’t be without my Su
I’ve NOT been shy about my faults, been disloyal, been materialistic
I WANT my headspace, to live my life how I want to and not by how I should, to meet the Dalai Lama, to find my vocational niche, to care for many pets, to have a brood of kids, more holidays!

I CRY, I LEARN, I TRUST, I BELIEVE

I fall and pick myself up.
I lose hope yet I dream.
I am lost and I find myself again.
I cry and I laugh through the blood and tears.

I despair yet, I BELIEVE